Welcome to the community of Estonian School B.V. (hereinafter: Estonian School). We founded this community because we want to provide a platform where Estonian school members can meet each other, get inspiration, and jointly plan and carry out projects.
Membership to the community is contingent upon our Conditions of Membership, which are set out below.
1 Rules of conduct
- Contributions to the community forum can be made without the intervention of the Estonian School. The Estonian School does, however, regularly check whether the participants of the community comply with these Conditions of Membership.
- The Estonian School has the right to (I) modify or remove contributions on the community forum if, in the Estonian School’s opinion, they violate these Conditions of Membership and (II) deny a member access to the community without further notice if they violate these Conditions of Membership. The following contributions are in any case contrary to the Conditions of Membership:
- Discriminatory or offensive texts;
- Links to illegal (download) websites;
- Links to commercial websites with which the user evidently aims to make money;
- Disclosure of personal data of third parties;
- Inappropriate or irritating texts towards other members;
- Texts that contain unlawful acts or ones that incite such acts;
- Contributions that infringe intellectual property rights or related rights of third parties;
- Contributions that are violent and/or incite violence;
- Contributions containing sexual content and/or contributions with links to sexually oriented websites;
- Contributions containing spam;
- Contributions containing spyware and/or malware;
- Contributions that breach the law, regulations, common decency or public order.
2 Personal details
- By participating in the Estonian School community, you are required to provide us with your personal details. You can read about how and why we process your personal data in our privacy statement on our website.
- Your personal details may be visible to other community members and/or website visitors. You can choose whether or not you want to share your personal details with third parties. You can change these preferences at any time in your account.
- The Estonian School cannot monitor the information that you actively share with third parties on the forum. Please note that everything you post to the forum is visible to third parties.
3 Organization of events
- All members of the community are authorized to organize activities and events related to the Estonian School’s mission. The Estonian School is happy to facilitate these activities and events. Members wishing to organize an activity or event can make their needs known to Estonian School. As an example, this could be for:
- Course material;
- Promotional material and communication channels;
- The option to apply via the Estonian School website;
- Assistance and support in setting up the project or financial administration of the activity or event;
- Agreements with external parties;
The way in which Estonian School will facilitate events or activities to be organized shall be decided by the Estonian School.
- Only the Estonian School Board of Directors may enter into contracts with external parties on behalf of the Estonian School. Furthermore, only the Estonian School is competent to determine and collect enrollment fees.
- The members of the community are not allowed to generate income for themselves by organizing activities and events.
- No contract shall be concluded between the members who organize an activity or event and the Estonian School. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement for the work performed by participants and/or to any reimbursement for the costs incurred.
4 Protection of ideas, exclusivity and intellectual property rights.
- The Estonian School likes to encourage members to exchange ideas with one other within the community regarding the Estonian School’s mission. In order to guarantee the exclusive nature of the Estonian School’s way of working, the Estonian School also wishes to protect these ideas. One of the ways in which this can be achieved is by protecting these ideas as commercial secrets within the meaning of Article 39 of the TRIPS Agreement, the Trade Secrets Directive and the Trade Secrets Protection Act. This requires confidentiality measures to be taken within the community. These measures entail that members exchange the aforementioned ideas only within the community, as far as information that is not already generally known is concerned. The members therefore commit themselves not to discuss these ideas outside the community, unless they only discuss these ideas with each other as long as they are part of the community. This will ensure the protection of these ideas, including, but not limited to, the possibility of them becoming patented.
- The intellectual property rights that may arise from all that is provided within the community by the members and/or by the Estonian School, including in any case illustrations, images, calculations, designs, processes, models, software development materials and courses, are vested in the Estonian School. Where appropriate, the participants shall cooperate fully and without delay in order to ensure that the Estonian School is the owner of the aforementioned intellectual property, including, but not limited to, the prior transfer of such intellectual property rights to the Estonian School. The Estonian School grants all participants a revocable license for the use of these intellectual property rights, provided that the Estonian School is mentioned as the rightful claimant in any form of publication and that paragraph 1 of this article is observed. The member in question shall obtain the license for the period that this member is part of the Estonian School community.
- The members commit themselves not to compete with the community by (further) developing ideas gained within the community, within a different community or in a different setting in which the community is not involved.
- Because ideas can occur in many forms, the Estonian School is of course prepared to make written exceptions to the content of this article for individual cases, provided that prior consultation is held with the Estonian School.
5 Rights and obligations of the Estonian School
- The Estonian School shall make every effort to make the website available, but uninterrupted or full access to the website cannot be guaranteed by the Estonian School.
- The Estonian School is entitled to discontinue the website without notice, for example due to maintenance or improvement of the website.
- The Estonian School cannot guarantee that its website, specifically including the forum of the community, is free of errors, malware or other defects.
- The Estonian School is not liable for direct or indirect damage or costs for any reason whatsoever arising from use of (parts of) the website of the Estonian School. This also includes damage as a result of incompleteness or inaccuracy of the content on the website of the Estonian School, expressly including the community forum, or as a result of malware, except in the case of intent or deliberate recklessness on the part of the Estonian School.
- The Estonian School is not liable for direct or indirect damage or costs for whatever reason incurred by (a) member(s) who organize(s) an event, which arises during (the preparations before or after) the event, unless the damage incurred is the result of an intentional act or omission or deliberate recklessness of the Estonian School.
7 Applicable law and choice of forum
- All legal relationships between the Estonian School and the members of the community are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes that may arise between a member of the community and the Estonian School as a result of matters governed by these Conditions of Membership will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the District Court of Overijssel, Zwolle. If the member of the community is a consumer, the participant has one month after the Estonian School has invoked this clause to elect for resolution of the dispute by the competent court according to the law.
8 Final provisions
- The Estonian School has the right to change these Conditions of Membership. A member of the community is considered to have accepted any amendments to the Conditions of Membership if, within seven days after notification of the amendments by the Estonian School, the member has not notified the Estonian School of his objections by e-mail.
- Insofar as these Conditions of Membership have been translated into a language other than Dutch, the Dutch text shall always prevail in the event of any discrepancy.
If you would like to have more information on these Conditions for Membership of the Community of the Estonian School B.V. please contact us at:
Estonian School B.V.
Postal address: G. Westenbergstraat 8, 7415 CP Deventer, The Netherlands